AtoM running on supported version of PHP

meg.t...@gaiaresources.com.au

Apr 17, 2023, 10:36:42 PM4/17/23
to AtoM Users
Hello all - I am aware that Artefactual's new maintenance team are working on an upgraded version of Archivematica so that it can run on a supported version of Ubuntu, but I'm wanting to ask about this for AtoM as well.

The latest version of AtoM runs on PHP version 7.4 which is well out of support now. Is there a timeline to either patch or release a new version of AtoM that runs on a supported PHP version?

Thankyou!
Meg

Dan Gillean

Apr 18, 2023, 7:54:00 AM4/18/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Meg,

The new Maintainers team includes a couple developers focused on AtoM as well. We are still waiting for them to finalize and publicize their upcoming roadmap, but I believe the current working plan is for the next major release (2.8) to address both the Ubuntu and PHP versions. There will very likely be a patch release before that, but we typically do not add new features, schema migrations, or major dependency upgrades in point releases - instead, expect a number of bug fixes etc.

I don't yet have a timeline for these release plans - hopefully we'll be able to share more soon!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Meg Travers

Apr 18, 2023, 9:01:20 AM4/18/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Dan - good to know what version you’re targeting at least!

I’ll keep an eye out for any more updates on this on the list.

Cheers
Meg

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZLEzLON0fxCWpG%3DviwpD2aRxMpP1-eeB8xp6M8hy-_PMA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jennifer Roberts

Apr 26, 2023, 5:04:30 PM4/26/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Meg just want to draw your (and anyone else reading this) attention to Sarah's post (subject: 2023 release plans for AtoM and Archivematica) from this morning that should answer your question!

--
Kind regards,

Jenn Roberts (she/her)
Systems Archivist, Business Development Team

meg.t...@gaiaresources.com.au

May 8, 2023, 9:00:33 PM5/8/23
to AtoM Users
Thanks Jenn - (just back from a few weeks leave and catching up on things!)