CSV import of accession records

Mark Smith

Mar 5, 2018, 10:52:42 AM3/5/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to import a CSV file of our accession records, and am having a problem with the Acquisition Date field.  We are running version 2.4 but, as there's no 2.4 CSV template on the wiki, I'm using the 2.3 template.  What happens when I import the file is that the Acquisition Date field remains blank and I get the red warning bar telling me that the field is mandatory.  I have the date in the correct format, e.g.  2006-12-13.  I could go thorugh the records and put the dates in manually, but this would be kind of a tiresome task.  Has anybody encountered this and, if so, how do I make it work?

Thanks
Mark

Dan Gillean

Mar 5, 2018, 11:47:44 AM3/5/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mark,

I think you are running into a known regression in the 2.4 release, unfortunately!

See:
If you've installed from our GitHub repository, this fix has already been added to our stable/2.4.x branch, so you should be able to do a pull --rebase to bring in all the latest bug fixes. We are still working on a few more bug fixes to include in the 2.4.1 release before we finalize it, so we don't yet have a firm release date for 2.4.1.

Note that the second comment on the related issue ticket outlines the fix required to get this working, if you'd prefer to address it immediately by making changes in your local installation. You can also look at the related commit for more details:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056