Migration

Jane

Nov 6, 2017, 11:52:55 AM11/6/17
to AtoM Users
Is it possible to migrate a PastPerfect database to AtoM?

Dan Gillean

Nov 6, 2017, 12:31:58 PM11/6/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jane,

Artefactual has performed migrations from PastPerfect in the past, if I recall correctly. With any migration from one system to another, there is no way to simply drop your records from one system into AtoM and have it "just work" - instead, it depends on the export formats available in your source system, and doing the work of mapping your data to AtoM's fields. Because AtoM is based on international and national descriptive standards such as ISAD(G), RAD, and DACS, this process becomes much easier if your records in PastPerfect are currently described using one of these standards.

I've recently shared some general resources that should help get you started with a migration project - I'll share them again here:

First, I suggest taking a look at the following slide deck - I've tried to capture as much general advice as possible there.
There are a couple posts in the forum where I've also tried to offer some general guidance, that might be of use. See:
Hopefully that will be enough general information to get you started. Let me know if you have specific questions!

Additionally, Artefactual offers paid migration services if this is of interest to you. You can find some initial information on our website, here:
If this is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Artefactual off-list and we can discuss options and next steps with you further.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.