Artefactual - AtoM - Slideshare presentations, are not free download anymore!

Ricardo Pinho

Sep 18, 2022, 1:47:51 PM9/18/22
to AtoM Users
Dear Dan and Artefactual slideshare authors,

As you probably know, slideshare has been bought by Scribd.
In consequence all atom slideshare free download presentations
are no longer free available for download unless you have a register account at scribd!

please try to download this one for example:
https://www.slideshare.net/accesstomemory/csv-import-in-atom

Could you please consider make those 29 presentations available elsewhere for download (Wiki?) so we can continue to have free access  to them?

Thank you in advance!
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Sep 21, 2022, 8:22:42 AM9/21/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ricardo,

Yes, we can put downloadable copies of the slides somewhere accessible to all. However, this may take us some time. We're a bit swamped with work, and the wiki will need some configuration changes to allow for PDF uploads - a change request that will go in a queue. I will try to set this in motion, but please be patient.

In the meantime, if there is a specific set of slides you would like a PDF copy of, feel free to PM me off-list and I can send you a version.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Sep 22, 2022, 4:53:50 PM9/22/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your positive response and availability. I can wait, no problema.
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Oct 7, 2022, 1:45:38 PM10/7/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Ricardo,

Just a quick update to say that I've uploaded a PDF copy of all our SlideShare presentations to the wiki, here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Oct 8, 2022, 5:10:41 AM10/8/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
Fantastic work! Thank you very much.
Information and knowledge must be freely and independently available.
I also have a few slides there and I'm moving them to an independent platform, eventually sourceforge.
And I recommend everyone that has slides in slideshare to do the same, at least make a copy and make them available elsewhere.
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho