We recently upgraded our non-production environments from 2.6.4 to the 2.7 development stream from Git (qa/2.x).
Since that change, we are no longer able to:
- add events (i.e. dates of creation) to a description/InformationObject
- edit existing events in a description
- add text to a General Note in a description
...but we were able to:
- delete an event in a description
- add a Restriction Note
I enabled general_log in MySQL so I could trace the SQL being generated by attempts to change those values, to see if the INSERT/UPDATE queries were being generated, but failing silently on the DB side. As far as I can tell, no SQL call is being made for the activities that fail.
A few possibilities banging around in my head:
1) these activities are failing on databases that have been upgraded with php symfony tools:sql-upgrade from 2.6; maybe they wouldn't fail on fresh databases
2) we use the RAD archival description template instead of ISAD-G; and maybe ISAD-G descriptions are working OK
3) I just noticed for the first time today, this bit of the Linux install instructions
, which requires that some dependencies be installed via Composer when installing from Git. I haven't done that yet -- BUT, the Composer dependencies all require PHP >7.3, and I'm still running 7.2.
I think I'll try upgrading PHP (probably to 7.4) in one of our environments, and see if there's a change. Does anybody have other thoughts about what could be happening?