ldap authentication on 2.4.0

RODRIGO ZANDAVALLI AVILA

Aug 22, 2016, 4:52:47 PM8/22/16
to AtoM Users
Helo Greeetings to everyone

I am currently in charge to install atoM and provide some sort of integration with the internal enviroment, meaning openldap authentication

I found these about ldap support https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/9765

I am not been able to find any reference how to enable ldap authentication in  the web console

I would like to known if there is any documentation or guides available ?

Thanks in advance
Rodrigo

Dan Gillean

Aug 22, 2016, 5:30:48 PM8/22/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for your interest in the upcoming LDAP module! AtoM 2.4.0 will include support for basic LDAP integration, but at this time, the feature is still under development for an upcoming release, and it has not been finalized or documented yet. At this time, we are aiming to have a 2.4.0 release available before the end of 2016 - you can see what's upcoming on our Roadmap page. Whenever possible, we generally start working on the documentation prior to the release, once the development is complete, so hopefully we'll have some more information soon - but it might be a while before we have anything.

I will ask the developer working on the feature to add a few notes about how it will work. While you are welcome to install 2.4.x from our GitHub repository for local testing, we don't recommend using this branch for production - it is still under development, and subject to regular change, possibly in unstable states, as we continue to work on the 2.4 features.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

mi...@artefactual.com

Aug 22, 2016, 6:18:20 PM8/22/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Rodrigo,

Here are instructions that I think should work for setting up LDAP authentication with AtoM 2.3:

1. Install the php5-ldap PHP extension and make sure that the module is being loaded.

2. Create apps/qubit/config/factories.yml if it doesn't exist yet (this file is not tracked by git) with the following contents:

  all:
    user:
      class: adLdapUser

3. Configure AtoM LDAP settings (on the settings/ldap page)

4. Clear the Symfony cache (php symfony cc) and restart your web server.

Cheers,
Mike Cantelon
Artefactual

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM, RODRIGO ZANDAVALLI AVILA <rza...@mppr.mp.br> wrote:
Helo Greeetings to everyone

I am currently in charge to install atoM and provide some sort of integration with the internal enviroment, meaning openldap authentication

I found these about ldap support https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/9765

I am not been able to find any reference how to enable ldap authentication in  the web console

I would like to known if there is any documentation or guides available ?

Thanks in advance
Rodrigo

charl...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 8:06:44 AM9/22/16
to AtoM Users
Hi, Mike.

I'm trying the steps you suggested, but there's no "settings / ldap page" for me. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using atom 2.4, by the way.

Thanks.

Charles.

mi...@artefactual.com

Sep 23, 2016, 2:56:41 PM9/23/16
to AtoM Users, charl...@gmail.com
Hi Charles,

That indicates that factories.yml hasn't been modified or there's an issue with how it has been modified. If you've modified factories.yml, could you post the contents to https://gist.github.com/ (or some other service) and provide a link?

Cheers,
Mike Cantelon
Artefactual Systems