New Atom website

Costanza Lisi

Dec 4, 2023, 11:27:12 AM12/4/23
to AtoM Users

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Costanza Lisi and I’m an Italian archivist. I opened a new website at the address archiviconsolari.it. The website's aim  is to publish the inventories of the Italian consular archives (1815-1860).

I really liked the software. A friend of mine, a young computer scientist, installed the software and the dependencies; I’m editing pages, changing and  translating labels; importing data etc etc. I’m really satisfied by the whole system.

I’ d like to signal an error of translation from English to Italian interface, in the page ‘Subjects’

No. Narrower Terms is not ‘nessun termine specificobut ‘Numero dei termini specifici

Thank you again for your precious work

Cheers

Costanza Lisi

Dan Gillean

Dec 4, 2023, 12:35:08 PM12/4/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Constanza,

Welcome to the AtoM community!

We appreciate your feedback. A few notes about AtoM's translations:

First, these are all provided by volunteer translators - like yourself! We use a third-party tool called Weblate to provide a graphical user interface for our translators. We have details on how it works, as well as how to register and begin using Weblate, on the AtoM wiki here:
After some comparisons and checks across a couple different online translators, it seems that these agree with your suggested update, so I have made this particular change for you directly in Weblate. This means that the string update should be included in our upcoming 2.8 release. In the meantime, if you are interested in contributing more translations and/or corrections, please review the link above and create a Weblate account!

If you have been exploring the user interface and/or reading our documentation, you may have noticed that AtoM also provides a method of adding local translations for UI labels via the user interface. See for example:
One very important thing to note about these local translations: unfortunately, we do not currently have a way of preserving these local changes following an upgrade. This means that any local translations you make with this method will NOT be preserved when you upgrade, and you would need to make them again. This is why contributing to the project translations via Weblate is the best way to ensure lasting updates.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Costanza Lisi

Dec 4, 2023, 1:34:59 PM12/4/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
I did imagine that the local translations would have not been preserved. The only mistake I found was that one. The other little adjustements I made are just nuances of the language and I'm writing them down, to avoid loosing them.

I will certainly contribute via Weblate if I'll find any other thing to change!!!

Thanks again

Costanza Lisi

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZJ5kDgHQhAP-L0V5fc4VTkenziswV8%3DWTSDkMLCKaMhBg%40mail.gmail.com.