AtoM and Primo integration

Natalie Baur

Jun 22, 2018, 12:33:59 PM6/22/18
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I am writing to see if anyone here has had any experience with making data in AtoM retrievable through an LIS discovery system like Primo? Or has anyone done anything similar with harvesting data in AtoM for discoverability in a similar ILS aggregator?

Thanks!
Natalie Baur
El Colegio de México

Jenny Mitcham

Jun 25, 2018, 5:17:28 AM6/25/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natalie,

At the University of York we have got our AtoM data being harvested (as Dublin Core) for display in our Library Catalogue (which is Primo).

We are also on the verge of testing the new EAD harvesting functionality that was developed in AtoM 2.4 so watch this space...

As an aside - if any other institutions have tested the EAD harvesting and have any feedback I'd be really keen to hear from you. We know the functionality isn't perfect right now and we would like to pull together some ideas, institutions, resources to make this better.

Do let me know if you need any further information.
Cheers,
Jen

Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist
Borthwick Institute for Archives
University of York
Heslington
York
YO10 5DD

Telephone: 01904 321170

Borthwick Institute website: http://www.york.ac.uk/borthwick/
Digital archiving blog: http://digital-archiving.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham
Skype: jenny_mitcham

Victoria Peters

Jun 25, 2018, 5:53:19 AM6/25/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi Natalie

At the University of Strathclyde, we too are harvesting Dublin Core data for display in our Primo library catalogue. We based what we did pretty much on York’s set-up (thanks Jen!) but with some slight differences. Here’s a link to a search on our Library catalogue http://suprimo.lib.strath.ac.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?fn=search&ct=search&initialSearch=true&mode=Basic&tab=local&indx=1&dum=true&srt=rank&vid=SUVU01&frbg=&tb=t&vl%28freeText0%29=geddes&scp.scps=scope%3A%28metalib%29%2Cscope%3A%28cla%29%2Cscope%3A%28SU%29%2Cscope%3A%28SUALMA%29

Try refining the search to ‘Archives’ or ‘Special Collections’.

Happy to help with any questions.

Best wishes

Victoria