WordPress plugin

jo...@brazil.ch

Dec 3, 2015, 4:12:56 PM12/3/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
hello, I have been requested for an association, they are going to rebuild there website .. and they are looking to have a solution to show some articles posted with AtoM
on there WordPress Website.

do you have any idea of plugin that do that? and if it's possible?

thank's a lot

Dan Gillean

Dec 3, 2015, 6:55:54 PM12/3/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi John,

To my knowledge, nothing like this has yet been developed.

However, we are about to start a development contract with a client that will add an API to AtoM which returns the results of a search query, and/or all fields associated with a particular description. I imagine that, once this is complete, it should be possible to use this API to develop a WordPress plugin that would use the API to fetch data from AtoM and display it on your site.

The new API will be going into our AtoM 2.3 release. We don't have a firm release date for it yet, but we hope to make it publicly available in the first or second quarter of 2016.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

josefr...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 12:17:12 PM7/26/16
to ICA-AtoM Users, jo...@brazil.ch
Hi,
I saw that AtoM 2.3 is out and with an API. So it's possible to build a plugin to connect AtoM application with WordPress and sell digital files using WooCommerce?
Thanks.

Dan Gillean

Jul 26, 2016, 12:30:28 PM7/26/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

AtoM's 2.3 API documentation can be found here:

It supports 3 endpoints at the moment - Browse information objects (e.g. search/browse results for archival descriptions), Browse taxonomy terms (view a list of all the terms included in a target taxonomy), and Read information object (view a full archival description). We hope that community developers and sponsors will help us add further endpoints i the future.

I'm not familiar with WooCommerce, but if exposing the above information will allow you to meet your needs, then it should be possible to make use of the data in Wordpress by developing an external plugin.

Note that at least one organization has developed its own eCommerce plugin for use with AtoM directly, adding a shopping cart and the ability to order prints from an AtoM site, via PayPal. This plugin was developed against 2.1 by another development company, and has not been merged into a public AtoM release. We recently reviewed the code and found several areas we feel would need to be addressed before we could incorporate it, but it would be possible. In the meantime, links to the code repository where it is held and further information can be found on our wiki:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.