Inicio en Windows

Reinaldo Ariza Barbosa

Oct 21, 2022, 10:42:17 PM10/21/22
to AtoM Users
Buenas noches.

Tengo un problema con la aplicación, ya que trato de iniciarla en el servidor de Xampp, la cargue en la carpeta htdocs, pero me sale un error 500, lo cual no entiendo, no sé si estoy cometiendo un error o no, trabajo en un entorno navito de Windows.

Gracias por su atención.

Dan Gillean

Oct 24, 2022, 10:20:37 AM10/24/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hola Reinaldo,

For Windows installations, we strongly recommend virtualizing Linux Ubuntu in a production ready virtual application, so that you can follow the installation instructions as written. See:
We do not test with XAMPP and I expect there are many incompatibilities in the dependencies it installs. For example: AtoM is intended to be installed on a production-ready server, whereas XAMPP is typically used for local testing and development on a personal computer. Out of the box, it can be risky to expose XAMPP to the web - see for example:
Additionally:
  • XAMPP installs Apache, whereas we test and develop using Nginx. AtoM can use Apache as a webserver, but we do not test or develop with it and therefore support we can offer is limited
  • XAMPP 8 typically installs MariaDB, where we test and develop with MySQL 8.0 in the latest version of AtoM. There are still some known incompatibilities between MariaBD and MysQL 8
  • It looks like XAMPP 8.1 will install PHP v8.1 - AtoM 2.6 is only compatible with PHP 7.2. This will also affect all the PHP extensions AtoM requires.
  • Other dependencies, such as FOP, all the tools used to handle digital objects, and more will be missing unless manually installed. Even if manually installed there may be version mismatches.
My guess is that either the PHP version or the use of MariaDB is causing the issue. You will need to either find your own solutions, or consider starting over with either a Linux Ubuntu server, or a production-ready virtual appliance running a Linux Ubuntu VM: in both cases, you can then follow our recommended instructions for installation and avoid a lot of difficulties. If neither is possible and you cannot troubelshoot XAMPP yourself,  perhaps consider a hosted solution.

If you are just looking for a way to create a local test environment on a personal computer (and NOT a publicly accessible production instance), we do provide a Vagrant environment. See:
Good luck!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager