importing custom themes to atom 2.6

Matthew Bruton

Aug 5, 2020, 7:15:38 AM8/5/20
to AtoM Users
Quick questions about importing my custom theme into atom 2.6.

I am reading the documentation about it and it is talking about importing the job.less file. Is this something unique to atom 2.6?

I ask because I was thinking of just copying the theme folder into a fresh installation of 2.6 and re"making" the theme again.

Do you have any cautions against this approach? How do you recommend doing it?

Dan Gillean

Aug 5, 2020, 10:46:51 AM8/5/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Matthew,

Overall that will work, but there are some pages that a custom theme might not style properly. We cover the details of how to address here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Matthew Bruton

Aug 5, 2020, 11:09:48 AM8/5/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan.

I understood that alright. But what wasn't clear was how to back up the theme. Because it is not in the uploads or downloads folder. Nor is it part of the database.

It seemed to me that the most rational thing to to was to back up the theme folder. But I just wanted to see if there was some other angle I might have missed, as I am totally self taught when it comes to sysadmin.
If there are any issues, I will post them here.