Problem LOCALHOST

leandro lima

Jul 22, 2016, 2:31:53 PM7/22/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello friends, I have a huge problem ran the script: https://github.com/bru95/script_instalacao_atom/ The installation worked normal created a test environment : VirtualBox and VmWare with : Bridge network card Ubuntu Desktop 04.16 The localhost not find the Icaatom I need help to solve the problem
att, Leandro Lima

Dan Gillean

Jul 22, 2016, 4:51:31 PM7/22/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Leandro,

Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us to troubleshoot someone else's installation automation script without code reviewing, testing, and debugging the whole thing - and we don't have the resources to provide that level of support. It is also possible the problem is in your local computer and not in the script - again, very difficult for us to troubleshoot without more information.

Have you tried contacting the person who created the script? Maybe opening an issue on the GitHub page?

Please note, we have 2 easy to install local environments for testing on a laptop that we maintain, if you would like to try those. There is a Docker solution, and a Vagrant solution. I am more familiar with the Vagrant one, but you could pick which suits you. Instructions for each:

For the Vagrant box, we have some CLI tutorial videos that will help you get set up - videos 1-3 in this series should help you install and configure Vagrant:

NOTE: the Vagrant box was updated, so by default it will now install the qa/2.4.x development branch, which is currently under development and therefore unstable. This is because the Vagrant box is primarily for developers and local testing of new features. However, you can switch the Vagrant box back to 2.3 with a couple simple commands after installation - you must do this BEFORE you add data, or the data will be lost:

First, make sure you are in the AtoM directory:

  • cd atom

Now, check out the 2.3 branch:

  • git checkout stable/2.3.x

Pull in all updates

  • git pull --rebase

Now we clear the cache, restart our services:

  • php symfony cc
  • sudo service php5-fpm restart
  • sudo restart atom-worker

Now purge and reindex and you are ready. If you use the --demo option on the purge command, it will create an administrator user account for you after flushing the current database - user: de...@example.com, pass: demo

  • php symfony tools:purge --demo
  • php symfony search:populate

Now the box is running 2.3 and is ready for use. You can access it in your web browser at 10.10.10.10.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM, leandro lima <lionl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello friends, I have a huge problem ran the script: https://github.com/bru95/script_instalacao_atom/ The installation worked normal created a test environment : VirtualBox and VmWare with : Bridge network card Ubuntu Desktop 04.16 The localhost not find the Icaatom I need help to solve the problem
att, Leandro Lima

David

Jul 23, 2016, 7:00:28 AM7/23/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi,

I have not tested your script and maybe this is a typo but one problem could be that you are using the install instructions for 14.04 but you have installed 16.04 what can lead into conflicts.
Your script does not install memcached. Is it missing?

Regards,
David
Message has been deleted

bbal...@inf.ufsm.br

Aug 9, 2016, 3:25:06 PM8/9/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello,

this script is mine and my friend, we made it just for Ubuntu 14.04.
The install instructions for Ubuntu 16.04 are differents, so the script doesn't work.

Thanks.

bbal...@inf.ufsm.br

Aug 9, 2016, 3:34:33 PM8/9/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
The apache2 package should NOT be installed previously, as this may cause errors. So, if you already have the apache2 we adviser you to uninstall it.