Memory size

Pedro Marcos Abreu Bernardo

Sep 4, 2023, 10:19:10 AM9/4/23
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone,

When trying to delete a record via command-line a received that error message:

"PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8388616 bytes) in /usr/share/nginx/atom/lib/QubitQuery.class.php on line 308"

Could anyone help me to solve it, please?

Dan Gillean

Sep 5, 2023, 9:05:11 AM9/5/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

First, you can try running the command without a PHP memory restriction, like so:
  • sudo -u www-data php memory_limit=-1 symfony tools:delete-description example-slug
Where example-slug is replaced by the slug of the description you are trying to delete.

If that doesn't work, then you may need to increase the memory allocated in your PHP pool, which we created during installation at /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf. For example, try changing this line:
  • php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 512M
To use 1024M instead. After making the change, restart PHP-FPM. There is also the global php.ini file - see also:
Finally, if it still doesn't work then it's possible that your system doesn't have enough memory. Per this page, we recommend that production systems have at least 7GB of RAM:
If necessary, consider allocating more memory to your machine, and then repeat the steps above as needed.

Hope this helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.