Missing Item on the treeview (Rebuild the nested set?)

Di

Jun 1, 2023, 4:48:24 PM6/1/23
to AtoM Users
Hello Guys:

After migration from v2.6 to v2.7.1. I have an issue which is missing items on the treeview. Originally, the collection have 700+ items. In the v2.7.1, there is only 50 items showing. But the article page is existing. Because I can directly access it, but not treeview can see.

Based on the Troubleshooting Document, I have run nested rebuild, when the database migrate completed.

# Rebuilding the Nested Set
$ php symfony propel:build-nested-set

# Rebuild search index and clear cache
$ php -d memory_limit=-1 symfony search:populate
$ php symfony cc

Difference Treeview between ver 2.6 and ver 2.7.1

2023-06-01 16 33 08.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Di

Dan Gillean

Jun 2, 2023, 10:39:12 AM6/2/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Di,

Other than the treeview being collapsed by default in the second picture, the images you provided unfortunately don't really show us much about the differences you are seeing. A couple questions to clarify:
  • If you click the + icon and expand the 2.7.1 treeview, is it missing records?
  • If you click on the "Browse as list" link in the right-hand sidebar of both versions, is the count of records shown in the browse page for that fonds different between 2.6 and 2.7.1?
One setting you might want to double-check is your Items Per Page setting for the full-width treeview. If this is a large fonds, I would recommend that you try setting this value to 10000 rather than the default 50. See:
Be sure to clear your browser cache before re-testing, or use an incognito/private browser window, where the cache is typically disabled by default.

Let us know if updating that setting helps! And if not, hopefully by answering my questions above we'll have a better sense of the issue and can provide further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Di Li

Jun 2, 2023, 11:57:22 AM6/2/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan:

  • When I click on the + icon on the 2.7.1 treeview, I only can see 50 items, but under 2.6 click on same + icon, i can vew 700+ itmes.
  • If click on "Browse as list", both version show an same numbers of results (9566 results in this collection) . The data records are completed.
If change the value from 50 to 10000 under admin / Treeview (Items per page: 10000), the problem can fix. But under 2.6 is also configured as 50 items per page. It can show an full list of items.

Thanks
Di

Dan Gillean

Jun 2, 2023, 1:55:49 PM6/2/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I can't find a specific issue ticket to point to, but we did make some changes to how pagination is handled in large hierarchies for performance reasons, so this is not totally unexpected. So long as updating that setting fixes the issue, then you should be fine!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Di Li

Jun 2, 2023, 2:04:44 PM6/2/23
to AtoM Users
thank you Dan, i will continue monitor and test the new version.

Brandon Uhlman

Jun 15, 2023, 12:06:10 PM6/15/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
We can replicate the same issue that Di reports, and the fix works too.

A few things we noted in our investigation:
  • even though the setting 'Items per page' exists in 2.6.4 under Admin > Settings > Treeview with a default value of 50, it doesn't appear to get written to the database as treeview_full_items_per_page (and the related setting treeview_allow_full_width_collapse) until the Treeview settings page is set for the first time.
  • even after 'treeview_full_items_per_page' is populated in 2.6.4 with the default setting of 50, it appears to still work, possibly drawing from treeview_items_per_page_max in /config/app.yml (which is set to 10000), and which is how we fixed this problem in the past
  • we did see treeview_full_items_per_page set in the database in our freshly upgraded 2.7.1 environment, but we're not sure if it's because it gets set as part of the upgrade or because we saved the treeview settings page as part of our upgrade process. We have one more 2.6.4 instance to upgrade to 2.7.1, and we'll take careful note to see if treeview_full_items_per_page (in the database) gets set as part of the upgrade or not.
Brandon