Lost records after moving

thearch...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2018, 4:08:56 PM3/7/18
to AtoM Users
Greetings all,

Me again (separate issue, though!). I was adjusting a handful of file-level descriptions in one fonds to place these in their appropriate series. Unfortunately, two of the files would not move using the drag feature to adjust their sort order within the new sub-series. The associated descriptions disappeared from the database (even though the links to these files still appear). When I try to click on either of the links in the treeview, I receive the following error:

2018/03/07 15:50:56 [error] 15665#15665: *103 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Parent Resource id '1098542' does not exist" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.35.45, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/change-and-transition HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "lib-atoml01-dev.library.queensu.ca", referrer: "http://lib-atoml01-dev.library.queensu.ca/index.php/hospital-restructuring-in-kingston"

It's easy enough for me to rewrite these two records, but I'm really more interested in getting rid of these broken links (and, perhaps, understanding why these descriptions would have been lost in the first place). Would rebuilding the index be enough to remove these dead links? And would there be any residual affect on the loss of these descriptions to the integrity of the database (i.e. are they still somewhere in the system?).

Thanks once again for any assistance!

Jeremy

Dan Gillean

Mar 8, 2018, 11:21:04 AM3/8/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jeremy,

I've recently completed a new Troubleshooting page, and this will be my first opportunity to link to it! Please start with the following suggestions:
Hopefully you will just need to rebuild the nested set, clear caches, and perhaps repopulate the search index. If not, it could be because the process didn't complete as expected and left corrupted data in the system - but the guide has instructions for resolving the most common causes of data corruption as well!

I will be backporting this documentation to the 2.4 docs soon, and then making an announcement about it in the forum to help make more users aware of this resource. I hope it's useful!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.