Inquiry regarding adding a feature to extract a reference citation for archival materials

محمود محمد

Nov 28, 2023, 1:05:21 PM11/28/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Mister Dan, how are you Mister Dan
Inquiry regarding adding a feature to extract a reference citation for archival materials
Mr. Dan, the Atom system is considered a system for preserving knowledge and making it available for scientific research. In many cases, archival materials and Records are used as sources of information and scientific references in research, and therefore these sources must be cited in research.
If the system can provide the ability to extract a reference citation for archival materials according to standard citation styles: APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, IEEE.etc.

Dan Gillean

Nov 29, 2023, 8:46:26 AM11/29/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mahmoud,

I agree with you that a citation generator would be a great feature to have in an archival management system, to make it easier for researchers to cite sources. I have passed on your suggestion to the AtoM Maintainers for consideration. That said, I cannot guarantee that this request will be prioritized any time soon - these days I am just a conduit and not a decision maker for the AtoM project!

If you are a developer or have access to developers and would like to add this feature yourself and submit a pull request to the public project, I am sure our team would be happy to answer general development questions and review and code shared. We have a number of resources on the AtoM wiki here to help get developers started:
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.