AtoM won't install on Ubuntu 16 or 18

mpw...@ualberta.ca

Nov 7, 2019, 5:52:31 PM11/7/19
to AtoM Users
Greetings,

AtoM 2.5.3
Ubuntu 16 & 18
Nginx 1.10.3 & 1.14.3
PHP 7.0.33 & 7.2
MySQL 5.7
ElasticSearch 6
OpenJava 1.8

Following the instructions here:

This is a clean install of Ubuntu 16 + LAMP pkg from tasksel.
I successfully installed AtoM 2.4.1 on this same machine.

I cannot get past step 3. Configure search (see attached). I get a 504 gateway time-out from nginx.

BTW exactly the same thing happened with 2.5.2 on two other U16 servers.

I created a new U18 server and followed these instructions:

Same thing happened: I cannot get past step 3, it times out. The nginx error log has nothing in it. FWIW the access log has:

12.34.56.78 - - [07/Nov/2019:22:18:40 +0000] "GET /index.php/sfInstallPlugin/loadData HTTP/1.0" 499 0 "https://blahblah.ca/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/configureSearch"

So, identical issue on four separate servers, two OSes.

I tried increasing script execution time to 180 secs. One box has 6G RAM and 4 cores (Xeon 2Ghz); it can't be too slow.

Thanks for any suggestions.

atom253_install01.jpg

Matthew Bruton

Nov 8, 2019, 5:11:03 AM11/8/19
to AtoM Users
I have got the same problem.
Two solutions (well three kind of)

Both worked fine for me.

Michael Ward

Nov 12, 2019, 1:31:02 PM11/12/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matthew, I'll try it.

Michael Ward
Arts Resource Centre (ARC)
450 Arts, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E6

Michael Ward

Nov 15, 2019, 5:17:31 PM11/15/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Worked.