Format informationobject fields

ism...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2021, 2:03:49 AM8/10/21
to AtoM Users

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to format the fields of the archival descriptions, for example "Finding aids". I have verified that putting a hyphen in front of a text, it shows a list (<ul>). Is it possible to put bold, font size, ...? Also the URLs are linked but is it possible to add the target attribute or a text instead of the URL? Thanks in advance and greetings.

Dan Gillean

Aug 10, 2021, 9:44:47 AM8/10/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

Yes! However, adding HTML to do so can cause page display issues. Instead, we have added Markdown support in AtoM 2.5 and later. If you are using a recent version of AtoM, you can make sure that Markdown is enabled in Admin > Settings > Markdown. This will allow you to use the markdown language for basic formatting in free-text fields. This includes formatting hyperlinks. I'm not sure about setting target attributes on hyperlinks, but you can customize the display text. See:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 2:03 AM ism...@gmail.com <ism...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to format the fields of the archival descriptions, for example "Finding aids". I have verified that putting a hyphen in front of a text, it shows a list (<ul>). Is it possible to put bold, font size, ...? Also the URLs are linked but is it possible to add the target attribute or a text instead of the URL? Thanks in advance and greetings.

Portales Municipales

Aug 11, 2021, 2:20:05 AM8/11/21
to AtoM Users
Good morning, great, it's just what I needed, although I would have liked it to be possible to specify the target of the link so that it opens in a new page, perhaps for other versions. Thank you very much for everything and best regards.