export:bulk --single-id in version 2.2 of AtoM

Vicky Phillips

Sep 5, 2016, 11:53:07 AM9/5/16
to AtoM Users
Hi
I'm trying to export EAD via command line but seem to be having some issues with this.  I want to export an archive and all of it's children. I've tried the following command but only get the top level record even though I haven't included the --current-level-only part of the command

sudo php symfony export:bulk --criteria="i18n.title in ('St Davids Diocesan Records')" EAD-Export

As version 2.2 doesn't allow you to use the slug I've asked a colleague to give me the internal ID for this archive.  He's come back to me with the following

object ID 3260941
slug st-davids-diocesan-records-5
ID 21500440

I've tried both of these values using the --single-id call but neither export anything.

sudo php symfony export:bulk single-id="21500440" EAD-Export
Export complete (0 descriptions exported).

Running same command using object ID value just seems to hang

sudo php symfony export:bulk --single-id="3260941" EAD-Export

Where am I going wrong?
Thanks,
Vicky

Dan Gillean

Sep 6, 2016, 6:06:37 PM9/6/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vicky,

I do remember some weirdness with the single export options - so in 2.3 we've changed it to --single-slug, and we resolved an issue that prevented that option from exporting all levels of description. See:

I also tested the export task using criteria in our qa/2.4.x branch, as follows:

  • sudo php symfony export:bulk --criteria="i18n.title in ('Anthony Kellet fonds')" /vagrant/export-folder

In that test (which should be the same as 2.3, as we haven't yet changed much in the 2.4.x development branch that would affect this task, the export included the child records.

So... I'm not entirely sure why the tasks aren't working as expected in the 2.2 release, but I'm wondering if upgrading is an option for you? It should make achieving the end result you're seeking much easier.

I wish I had a better suggestion, but at first glance I don't see  anything obviously wrong in the commands you've shared.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.