bulk moving of files

Tracy Deakin

Sep 18, 2017, 10:52:51 AM9/18/17
to AtoM Users
Hello all,
I have had a volunteer in who has created lots of children within children... all the items should be siblings but she's nested them within some of the children. Is there any method for moving many items at once or do they need to be moved singularly?

Thanks
Tracy

Dan Gillean

Sep 18, 2017, 11:37:26 AM9/18/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tracy,

I believe if you use the Move module, then any children associated with the moved description will also be moved. This should be true of drag and drop in the treeview as well (and note that in 2.4, drag-and-drop support has been added to the full-width treeview as well)... but unfortunately, there's no bulk move module at the moment. You'd have to have a developer craft a SQL query that could move all the relevant rows from the back-end, I think. Sorry!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.