Overview / Diagram of the Database

Reto

May 5, 2020, 11:09:35 AM5/5/20
to AtoM Users
Hello ATOM Community,

I worked my way through the ATOM Documentation and Setup my own ATOM Server. So far everything works fine and i ended up playing around with the SQL Server. I didn't find a nice overview, like a database diagram which Data is saved in which table. Is there some kind of diagram i missed? Does someone has a Link to some kind of Overview/description/Sheets whatever?

Thank you for the help

Reto

Dan Gillean

May 5, 2020, 5:44:20 PM5/5/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Reto,

Welcome to the AtoM community!

I try to periodically add new Entity Relationship Diagrams to the AtoM wiki, here:
The most recent is from January of 2020. We've done further development on AtoM's qa/2.6.x development branch since then (and continue to do more now, as we slowly prepare for the AtoM 2.6 public release), so there may have been some changes since - but not in our stable releases (such as the 2.5. releases).

We typically don't add anything that changes the database schema to minor releases, so the November 2018 ERD should be pretty accurate for the latest 2.5 release - 2.5.0 was released in May of 2019 so there might have been a few changes in the interim, but likely by November, most major development was complete.

It's also possible to use MySQL Workbench to generate your own ERDs, if you'd like to explore further! Some of our team also like using PHPMyAdmin for a graphical interface when exploring the AtoM database, as an alternative to Workbench.

I've also just finished some work on a new documentation page for the 2.6 manual which covers Common AtoM database queries as well. It won't render exactly right in GitHub (we use Sphinx for our documentation, which is a bit different than GitHub's Markdown), but it's mostly legible, and may give you a better understanding of how things work:
We also have a very basic introduction to using SQL against AtoM's database here:
Hope this gives you what you need!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Reto

May 7, 2020, 2:27:36 AM5/7/20
to AtoM Users
Hey Dan,

Thank you, excatly what I was looking for. I already played with PHPMyAdmin but i was missing the graphical overview for the Database.

Greetings

Reto