Generating Statistics on Atom

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Jun 2, 2016, 9:56:02 AM6/2/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Dear Team,

I am using ATOM 2.2.1 on test server, i would like to generate statistics on year to date, if it is possible on ATOM installation please let me know how to enable that function, if i should use external tools please let me know which one to use and how to document if available.

Regards,
Lewatle

Dan Gillean

Jun 2, 2016, 10:37:40 AM6/2/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Lewatle,

AtoM's own analytics and reporting is fairly limited at the moment, but we do have a way to add a Google Analytics tracker code to a configuration file, so you can get detailed usage statistics via Google Analytics. See:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

David Juhasz

Jun 2, 2016, 1:18:29 PM6/2/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lewatle,

Please note that Google Analytics will only give you statistics going forward, it will not provide historical data from before the tracking snippet is added to your AtoM instance.

If you have access to your web logs, you can generate historical data based on them using a number of web analytics software solutions.  I've used https://piwik.org/ in the past and I like it's UI and the flexibility of it's reports. The down side of Piwik is it requires setting up a web application to generate and view the reports.

If you don't want to set up a web application like Piwik, you could try a command-line web log processor like http://www.hping.org/visitors/. I've used visitors in the past, and it's easy to set up and run, but the reporting is fairly limited.

Best of luck,
David

--

David Juhasz