Re: [atom-users] 2021/06/04 13:40:48 [error] 13472#13472: *899 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Unable to execute INSERT statement. [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'lft' doesn't have a default value]" while reading response header from upstr

Dan Gillean

Jun 4, 2021, 1:10:03 PM6/4/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Zoltán,

I don't know what version of AtoM you have installed, or whether or not you have followed our recommended installation instructions, but:

Typically we see these errors when users have forgotten to change the SQL modes during installation. In MySQL 5.7 later, the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES mode is enabled by default, which has been known to cause issues. During a typical installation, you should create a configuration file with only the SQL modes we want, as shown in the last part of this section of our installation docs:
I suspect that this step may have been skipped, or has not taken effect properly. We have some suggestions on how you can check and change the SQL modes here:
Some basic information on how to access the MySQL command prompt to run these checks can be found on the same page:
If you make any changes, remember to restart MySQL afterwards:
  • sudo systemctl restart mysql
One other thing you can try is rebuilding the nested set. AtoM uses a nested set model as a way to manage hierarchical data in the flat, table-like structure of a relational database. This uses lft and rgt columns as a way of storing information about parent and child nodes. You can try rebuilding the nested set with the following command:
Let us know if this helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.