ATOM on Ubuntu LTS 20.04

Bravismore Mumanyi

Oct 6, 2021, 10:39:38 AM10/6/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear ATOM User Community

We have a Hyper-V environment where we have struggled installing Ubuntu LTS 18. However, LTS 20.04 gets installed with no issues at all.

The problem comes in on satisfying the PHP ver 7.2 requirement as Ubuntu packages have ver 7.4.

I have tried all help pages on installing 7.2 on LTS 20.04 to no avail.
Is ATOM 2.6 able to run on PHP 7.4? If so, any pointers to install instructions?

Thank you

Regards
/Bravismore

Dan Gillean

Oct 6, 2021, 1:25:46 PM10/6/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Bravismore,

Unfortunately, there are a few deprecations and changes in PHP 7.4 that do impact AtoM 2.6. We have been addressing these for the AtoM 2.7 release, but at this time it's not yet ready for use in production environments (we're still working on finalizing a public release). I suspect that if you try to use PHP 7.4 with AtoM 2.6 that you may encounter some issues.

I can't help you with installing PHP 7.2 in Ubuntu 20.04, but I did find this post, which might help:
Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Bravismore Mumanyi

Oct 6, 2021, 2:40:19 PM10/6/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated Dan.

Will try it out tomorrow

Daniel García Magariños

Oct 10, 2021, 1:42:53 PM10/10/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I have come across another incompatibility with the JDK  version installed by Ubuntu 20.

It will not be possible to generate finding aids. I am not sure if it is possible to make this work with Ubuntu 20 easily.

I can live without this feature but it might be important for you.

Daniel
-

Bravismore Mumanyi

Oct 13, 2021, 10:34:33 AM10/13/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

Kindly share how you managed to get PHP 7.2 installed on Ubuntu 20.

I could not get the alternative repository to work.

Thank you

Regards
/Bravismore

Daniel García Magariños

Oct 13, 2021, 6:57:40 PM10/13/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I am affraid I must have used the steps mentioned in Dan's post or this one:

but it is basically the same steps of adding this other rerpository.

Do you get any error message when adding the repostoriy or when installing  php 7.2?

Daniel

Bravismore Mumanyi

Oct 17, 2021, 1:28:07 PM10/17/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
My apologies for the late response.
The error is when adding the software repo.