How can I edit the label of data entry of the ISAD(G) template?

ChunLok Choi

Aug 3, 2020, 5:31:10 AM8/3/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I edit the label of data entry of the ISAD(G) template? Is there any .xml file of ISAD(G) for accesstomemory which I can download it and import it after edit.

Example: I want to change the name of the label here.

1.PNG

Karl Goetz

Aug 3, 2020, 8:34:36 PM8/3/20
to AtoM Users
Hi,
Are you hoping to make the change for Localisation purposes or to add additional text?

If you're willing to make a change which you carry between upgrades the file to edit is  plugins/sfIsaarPlugin/modules/sfIsaarPlugin/templates/editSuccess.php .

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to override one plugins templates from within a second plugin so this is your only option unless you (ab)use the localisation strings in plugins/sfIsaarPlugin/i18n. I haven't tried that so will be interested to know if you succeed .

Proper localisation needs to be done via a 3rd party service; the name escapes me but its mentioned on this list and in the developer documentation.

thanks,
Karl.

How can I edit the label of data entry of the ISAD(G) template? Is there any .xml file of ISAD(G) for accesstomemory which I can download it and import it after edit.

Example: I want to change the name of the label here.

1.PNG

Dan Gillean

Aug 4, 2020, 10:40:29 AM8/4/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks Karl!

For local translations, we use a third-party platform called Weblate to help translate the labels. For more information, see:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.