Unable to Publish and Update Descendants

FHYA

Oct 5, 2017, 6:29:49 AM10/5/17
to AtoM Users
Hi there

I am unable to publish and update the publication status of the descendants - I keep getting a 500 server error.

I am using version 2.3.1.

Dan Gillean

Oct 5, 2017, 10:27:17 AM10/5/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Chloe,

Anytime you encounter a 500 error, the best thing to do before seeking assistance is to check the webserver error logs - they generally contain more specific information about the nature of the error that will help us troubleshoot the issue. Some basic tips on how to access the error logs from the command-line here:

In version 2.3 and later, publication status updates are handled by the job scheduler - so the most likely cause of the issue is that for some reason, the job scheduler is not running, and/or needs to be restarted. For the publication status update task to work, the job scheduler and its dependencies must be installed and properly configured. See:

If the job scheduler and the other dependencies are installed, it might be that you need to restart it. You can try the following commands, run from the root AtoM directory.

If you have followed our installation instructions for Ubuntu 14.04, these commands can be used:

  • sudo start atom-worker   # Starts the worker
  • sudo stop atom-worker    # Stops the worker
  • sudo restart atom-worker # Restarts the workers
  • sudo status atom-worker  # Obtain current running status
If you have installed following the Ubuntu 16.04 documentation, then try the following:
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker         # Starts the worker
  • sudo systemctl stop atom-worker     # Stops the worker
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker    # Restarts the workers
  • sudo systemctl status atom-worker   # Obtains current status
If restarting the atom-worker doesn't resolve the issue, then please share the error message you find in the webserver logs, and we can go from there. Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056