looking forward to v2.4 release

mutugi gathuri

Feb 8, 2017, 2:35:14 PM2/8/17
to AtoM Users
Hi AtoM community,

Our institution is looking forward to implementing AtoM on our servers  and  since we have a rather large  user base, we are  wondering when v2.4 of AtoM will be released so we can take advantage of LDAP support. We have active directory as our LDAP system.

I realize that what I've asked is not easy to answer and I've already seen the issues that are being covered here https://projects.artefactual.com/versions/109, but a ball-park date  would be helpful for the decision makers in our institution.

Many thanks for the wonderful support and open source software.

Mutugi Gathuri

Dan Gillean

Feb 8, 2017, 3:51:02 PM2/8/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Estimates are tough, as we're still working on development contracts that we hope to include in the 2.4 release. Nevertheless, as of now, we hope that the next major release, version 2.4, will be available in May 2017. This is an estimate, and will depend on how the remaining development, testing, and documentation process goes! You can see what is coming by taking a look at the Roadmap page on our wiki.

Thanks for your kind words about the project!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

mutugi gathuri

Feb 9, 2017, 9:15:42 AM2/9/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dan!

That information is more than enough! We do appreciate that