Atom Item List Report - Issue with Date Display

Sangeeta K

Jul 18, 2017, 2:39:57 AM7/18/17
to AtoM Users
Atom Version Used: 2.3.1
Operating System: Redhat 7
We have successfully installed AtoM on Redhat 7 and we have tested many features. As of now, all seems to be working.
But we are encountering below issue:

Context: Generating Item List Report for the Series.  It displays Reference code,
We have observed that the report has trouble displaying the dates for some items and instead displays “&nbsp”.

Dan Gillean

Jul 18, 2017, 3:08:46 PM7/18/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Sangeeta,

Thank you very much for this report. Can you provide me with further details to reproduce? For example, is there anything different about the items that display incorrectly? Do they have start and end dates but no display date, or vice versa? You can check this by entering edit mode on some of the records and checking what fields are filled:

Any other information that you think would be useful for me to test and reproduce - for example:
  • Were the records created manually via the user interface, or via an import (CSV, EAD 2002 XML, etc)?
  • Are the records in the same language as your default installation culture, or where they created in a different language/culture?
  • Etc.
We have made extensive changes to the item and file list reports in our upcoming 2.4 release - now the reports will be generated asynchronously by the job scheduler (to avoid timeouts in the web browser for large hierarchies), and will be available for local download in either CSV format or as local HTML to be viewed. I'm hoping the issues have already been resolved, but once I have more information on the steps to reproduce, I will test in our 2.4 environment so we can try to address any issues prior to the upcoming release.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Sangeeta K

Jul 19, 2017, 2:56:06 AM7/19/17
to AtoM Users

Hi Dan,

Please find the details asked:

For example, is there anything different about the items that display incorrectly?

   They are all entered as accumulation dates – is the item list report unable to include these?

Do they have start and end dates but no display date, or vice versa?

   The date formats are mixed for creation dates as well however all creation dates display correctly in the item list report

Were the records created manually via the user interface, or via an import (CSV, EAD 2002 XML, etc)?

    Entered via CSV upload on the user interface

Are the records in the same language as your default installation culture, or where they created in a different language/culture?

   default

Thanks and Regards

Sangeeta

Dan Gillean

Jul 19, 2017, 2:04:35 PM7/19/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Sangeeta,

Thank you for this additional information. Unfortunately, you're correct - currently the file and item reports are configured to only include the first date of creation added - other date types such as Accumulation do not display.

I did some testing on the update reports module in 2.4, and identified some further issues, which I have added to our feature development ticket, so hopefully they will be addressed prior to the release. If you're curious, you can see those testing notes here:
Ideally in the future, we can change the file and item list reports to use the same date/event columns that are using the AtoM 2.3/2.4 CSV import and export templates - eventTypes, eventDates, eventStartDates, and eventEndDates. This would allow AtoM to display multiple date entries of all different event types when generating the report. As this is additional functionality that was not included in the original enhancement project however, it is not likely at this time that this enhancement will be included in 2.4.

If your institution would like to sponsor a small enhancement project to make this change, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Sangeeta K

Aug 18, 2017, 3:35:00 AM8/18/17
to AtoM Users
Issue got resolved by itself after some days. May be I did re-indexing. Not sure how it got resolved though.