Re: [atom-users] Issue upload larger files: 413 Request Entity Too Large

Dan Gillean

Oct 26, 2023, 11:43:30 AM10/26/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

It certainly sounds like you have made changes in all the right places. However, did you restart the relevant services to make sure that  your changes will take effect? Assuming you are using AtoM 2.7, try:
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.4-fpm
  • sudo systemctl reload nginx
  • php symfony cc
Does that make any difference?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 10:41 AM Tiago Alex <tgoncalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I'm having trouble trying to upload larger files (400MB ~ 600MB).

1. Found the php.ini used via grep
2. set post_max_size = 850M and upload_max_filesize = 800M
3. Changed nginx.conf setting
client_max_body_size = 850M in http session (/etc/nginx/nginx.conf )
3. Changed /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf to
php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 850M
php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 800M
4. Restarted both services

What is weird is that using php_info() shows the right values I've set and the upload page  (next to the file input button) also does. But when I try to upload a 500MB file the
413 Request Entity Too Large page is shown. Am I missing something here?

Dan Gillean

Oct 26, 2023, 11:44:52 AM10/26/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, I see now that you mentioned restarting the services.... but I also see that this post has been deleted in the web forum! Did you manage to figure this out?

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056