504 Gateway Timeout when editing accession records

Damian Bauder

Feb 21, 2019, 12:30:55 PM2/21/19
to AtoM Users
Good morning,

When editing some of our accession records, a 504 Gateway Timeout error occurs. For example, https://searcharchives.ucalgary.ca/acc-262a-99-01/edit, if you'd like to test in our production site. All you need to do is enter a string into one of the fields, for example "Test" into the Location Details field, and click Save. The timeout occurs and the new data does not save. When watching the mysql general log, I can see that a rollback is occurring, but I cannot find any mysql errors that indicate an issue, so I'm not sure whether it's PHP or mysql that's killing the queries.

My gut is telling me that these accession records have too many linked descriptions, but I was wondering if you can confirm that that is the likely cause. What would your recommendation be to eliminate these timeouts?

Thanks,

Damian

Dan Gillean

Feb 21, 2019, 12:48:12 PM2/21/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Damian,

We've run into this on a client project recently, and fortunately for you, that means we've added an enhancement to the upcoming 2.5 release that should resolve this issue! See:
The change required was small, but it has a huge impact - you can see the change here:
Since you are a Premium hosted client with Artefactual, if you would like to use a support ticket to have us backport this fix and deploy it for your instance in advance of the next public release, please feel free to contact us off-list via our support email, and we would be happy to follow up on this for you.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Damian Bauder

Feb 21, 2019, 2:03:10 PM2/21/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response! I quickly added the code for that fix to our dev environment to test and after restarting all services and clearing the cache, etc. it appears to have solved the problem! I'll be in touch off-list regarding backporting the fix to our production environment, etc.

Cheers,

Damian