Linking Accruals

Rosalie Gartner

Sep 12, 2017, 10:09:24 AM9/12/17
to AtoM Users
Good morning!

I've imported an old database of accessions from the 1980's into AtoM, but have now noticed a small problem. It turns out some of these accessions were actually accruals to earlier collections, which wasn't clear at first (deciphering the strange acronyms the archivist used took some time). Is it possible to link an existing accession record as an accrual to another accession record? For example, accession # 1985-065 is actually an accrual to accession #1985-023. Can I make that relationship clear after I've already created both records?

Let me know whether or not that even makes sense.

Rosalie

Dan Gillean

Sep 12, 2017, 3:02:12 PM9/12/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Rosalie,

Great question! Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there is not currently any way to do this via the user interface - we would likely need to make changes via SQL queries. I will talk to our developers and see if they can provide some general suggestions for you on how to proceed.

More soon,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

José Raddaoui

Sep 14, 2017, 6:21:31 AM9/14/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Rosalie,

As Dan says, this could be achieved doing SQL queries directly to the database. After connecting to the AtoM database:

- Get the ids of the two accessions:

mysql> SELECT id, identifier FROM accession WHERE identifier in ('2017-09-14/8','2017-09-14/6');
+---------+--------------+
| id      | identifier   |
+---------+--------------+
| 2001245 | 2017-09-14/6 |
| 2001248 | 2017-09-14/8 |
+---------+--------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

- Create the object row and get its id:

mysql> INSERT INTO object (class_name, created_at, updated_at) VALUES ('QubitRelation', NOW(), NOW());
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.03 sec)

mysql> SELECT id FROM object WHERE class_name='QubitRelation' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1;
+---------+
| id      |
+---------+
| 2001250 |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

- Create the relation rows, to make '2017-09-14/8' an accrual to '2017-09-14/6':

mysql> INSERT INTO relation (id, object_id, subject_id, type_id, source_culture) VALUES (2001250, 2001245, 2001248, 175, 'en');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> INSERT INTO relation_i18n (id, culture) VALUES (2001250, 'en');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

Accruals are not involved in the Elasticsearch index for accessions, so there is no need to rebuild the search index nor restart any service.

Best regards.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Rosalie Gartner <rpga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning!

I've imported an old database of accessions from the 1980's into AtoM, but have now noticed a small problem. It turns out some of these accessions were actually accruals to earlier collections, which wasn't clear at first (deciphering the strange acronyms the archivist used took some time). Is it possible to link an existing accession record as an accrual to another accession record? For example, accession # 1985-065 is actually an accrual to accession #1985-023. Can I make that relationship clear after I've already created both records?

Let me know whether or not that even makes sense.

Rosalie

Rosalie Gartner

Sep 18, 2017, 4:10:28 PM9/18/17
to AtoM Users
Thanks Dan & Jose! Unfortunately I'm only using the user interface so I can't test just yet. I'll get a list together of all my accruals for my favorite IT person to help with.

Thanks again!

Rosalie