how to Export an Archival description Access points??

taehyung Kim

Apr 26, 2018, 1:30:48 AM4/26/18
to AtoM Users

how to export access points??

value

Name access points : Factory 77 (Art gallery : Toronto, Ont.) (Creator)

Dan Gillean

Apr 26, 2018, 10:42:42 AM4/26/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Taehyung,

In this case you are looking to export the creator record. Creators and name access points are stored in AtoM as separate entities - that is, as authority records. If you click on the name in the access point, or lower down in the sidebar (where it says "Related people and organizations"), or where the creator is listed, you will be taken to the authority record for that creator.

From there, you can either export it as EAC-CPF XML from the view page, or you can add it to the Clipboard, and then export it from the clipboard as either EAC-CPF XML or in CSV format. See:

When you export an archival description, the creator name and any name access points are included - and where the creator is linked to the archival description, the creator's administrative/biographical history will also be exported as well. Other data associated with the authority record is not included in the archival description export.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Joey Denton

Apr 26, 2018, 5:24:28 PM4/26/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

I'd like to add on to this post with a related question. So with information object browse, you can display every archival description at every level of description in your database and export all of it as one big CSV file. But as far as I can tell, for authority records you can't bulk export, it has to be done by adding each authority record to the clipboard first manually. Is bulk export of authority records as a CSV something that is even possible to do in AtoM, now or in the future?

Thanks!
Joey

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 9:42:42 AM UTC-5, Dan Gillean wrote:
Hi Taehyung,

In this case you are looking to export the creator record. Creators and name access points are stored in AtoM as separate entities - that is, as authority records. If you click on the name in the access point, or lower down in the sidebar (where it says "Related people and organizations"), or where the creator is listed, you will be taken to the authority record for that creator.

From there, you can either export it as EAC-CPF XML from the view page, or you can add it to the Clipboard, and then export it from the clipboard as either EAC-CPF XML or in CSV format. See:

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 1:30 AM, taehyung Kim <rm.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

how to export access points??

value

Name access points : Factory 77 (Art gallery : Toronto, Ont.) (Creator)

Dan Gillean

Apr 26, 2018, 5:59:02 PM4/26/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Joey,

We do have bulk export of authority records from the command line as EAC-CPF XML (documented here), but you're right, currently the Clipboard is the only way to bulk export authority records in CSV format. I'd love to see a bulk CSV export task for authority records added to AtoM, but we'd need some community support to add that feature! As ever, I suggest taking a look at our Devleopment philosophy page if you haven't already to better understand how we maintain and develop AtoM. The short version is, we depend on our community to help grow the project, so we can continue giving the application and all its supporting materials away for free!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Joey Denton

Apr 27, 2018, 9:19:47 AM4/27/18
to AtoM Users
Good to know! As always, thanks for your help Dan

Joey