Trouble logging in to AtoM Vagrant Box

Evi November

Sep 4, 2020, 10:31:52 AM9/4/20
to AtoM Users
Hello. I have the AtoM vagrant box set up on my computer and I am able to log in with the demo account. Separately, I am able to log in with a registered user account on this site (https://wiki.accesstomemory.org/wiki/Special:UserLogin), but the AtoM will not accept the same sign in when I go in through the command prompt to the website 10.10.10.10.

Thanks so much!
Evi November

Dan Gillean

Sep 4, 2020, 11:40:43 AM9/4/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Evi,

The user accounts created on the wiki and the login in the AtoM Vagrant box have no relation. You will only need to create an account on our wiki if you intend to contribute materials to the wiki - there is no hidden information there requiring login.

Out of the box, if you have not purged your Vagrant box and created different user credentials, you log in with:

You may also find our slides about setting up and configuring the Vagrant development environment useful:
Slide 16 includes these default login credentials.

One thing to note about the slides - they are a few years old, so some of the later maintenance commands you might use when upgrading the box are no longer accurate. For example, in the latest Vagrant box (version 2.7.0.0 - you can see a list of all AtoM vagrant boxes here), which installs our qa/2.x development branch where we are working on features for version 2.7, uses PHP 7.2, so the command to restart PHP-FPM would be:
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
Keep in mind that if you create a bunch of test data in your Vagrant environment, and then run the tools:purge command-line task to clear out that data and reset the development environment, then this task wipes all user data, including accounts. The task will prompt you to provide a new site title, description, and administrator account, but it's up to you to choose what credentials you use there. There is also a --demo option available on the tools:purge task - when used, AtoM will skip these configuration questions, and will automatically create the same demo account for you. For more information on the tools:purge task, see:
Another slide deck that may interest you: a quick overview of how you can create a reusable set of test data for your Vagrant environment, along with a link to a bash script that I use to automate the purging and reloading of this data. See:
If you follow the link to the bash script, you will see that I've recently updated it to work with the latest AtoM Vagrant box (it will work with either box version 2.7.0.0, or 2.6.0.2), and added information on each version of the script and the changes made between versions, so if you are running an older development environment you can more easily choose which revision/version of the script will work for you.

Finally:

If you ever forget your login credentials in your Vagrant development environment, there is a command-line task that can be used to create a new administrator account from the command-line. You can use this task to generate a new Admin user, and then login and either delete the original admin account, or update its password so you can login with it in the future. See:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.