php Could not open input file: symfony

seibs...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2020, 6:03:19 PM1/8/20
to AtoM Users
Hi there, admittedly I'm out of my depth trying to get AtoM installed and working for some users where I work, I believe I've followed the install instructions correctly, but when I get to the gearman configuration section, I'm entering:

php symfony jobs:worker

And I'm getting
Could not open input file: symfony

OS is Ubuntu 18.04.3, freshly built for this purpose.  The AtoM server and the Gearman service are all on the same machine.

Thanks in advance!

Karl Goetz

Jan 9, 2020, 1:01:48 AM1/9/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You are probably in the wrong directory.

try running `pwd` to find your current location and `ls -lh` to see what files there are.

thanks,

--
Karl Goetz
Technical Services Officer - eResearch, Information Technology Services

Mail: University of Tasmania, Private Bag 69, Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Delivery: TT Flynn Street, Sandy Bay, Tasmania 7005

Dan Gillean

Jan 9, 2020, 12:09:02 PM1/9/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

I suspect that Karl is right - so far every time I have seen that specific error, it is because the command is not being run from the root AtoM installation directory - which, if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom

All commands that begin with php symfony should be run from this location for them to succeed - Symfony is the PHP framework that we used to build AtoM, meaning that trying to invoke Symfony commands from outside of AtoM's directory returns that error. You can also try to change directly to the root installation directory with:
  • cd /usr/share/nginx/atom
And then try running the jobs task again.

A couple more general resources that might help if you are new to working in the command-line:
Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

seibs...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2020, 11:28:59 AM1/14/20
to AtoM Users
Thank you for the assistance.  It turns out that it was qa mixture of running it in the wrong place and permissions to the directory that prevented things from working.

Thanks!
Message has been deleted