arDominionPlugin theme and layout templates

Bravismore Mumanyi

Aug 28, 2017, 10:24:21 AM8/28/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear ATOM Users

I am trying to transfer branding (look and feel) customisations between two (2) instances of ATOM.

I have arDominionPlugin as an active theme. On the source ATOM instance (the one that is customised), the theme is making use of layout php files under "/usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/templates"

Inline image 1

I have copied across the whole theme folder including the templates files above, but from "view page source", I can establish the theme is no longer making use of "layout.php" file to generate resulting HTML files as in the source. Am I missing something here?

Thank you

Regards

sbr...@artefactual.com

Aug 28, 2017, 1:10:42 PM8/28/17
to AtoM Users
Hello Bravismo

It is possible that you are running into caching issues.  Have you tried running the CLI command cc?  From the AtoM root install folder on your server:

> cd /usr/share/nginx/atom/
> php symfony cc

The 'cc' command will clear the cache - this might be what is preventing you from seeing your customizations.

From what you have posted, it sounds like you might have customized the Dominion theme and also customized files outside of the plugin folder.  If you have a chance, I would recommend creating a new unique plugin folder and moving all your customizations there so they are self-contained for future upgrades and migrations.  The following links are resources for constructing new plugin folders.  Included in the info are instructions for including customized base AtoM programs (such as the layout files you are attempting to copy over) within a theme so that they override the default ones.  I hope this is useful:

Steve