Error when clearing cache

Bravismore Mumanyi

Aug 23, 2017, 4:34:48 AM8/23/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear Atom community

Any tips on error attached when clearing cache on ATOM?

Regards
clear_cache_error.pdf

Dan Gillean

Aug 23, 2017, 10:13:59 AM8/23/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Bravismore,

Can you please remind me again about the particulars of your installation? What version of PHP are you using? Did you follow our recommended installation instructions? If so, for Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04? If not, what changes have you made?

What kinds of actions were you taking that lead to this? I realize this error came from trying to clear the application cache, but was there a reason you were doing so? Please let us know of anything you think might be relevant.

What version of AtoM do you have installed? Can you share the full version number found in Admin > Settings, please?

Thanks!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Bravismore Mumanyi

Aug 23, 2017, 12:45:31 PM8/23/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dan

I am trying to upgrade to ATOM 2.3.1. Running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, PHP 7. I did follow your documentation to the letter.

I was trying to migrate customisations from the old instance and I am sure I messed up something in the process.

I have decided to just do a fresh installation. Lets see how that goes.

Thank you for your helping hand

Regards
/Bravismore

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:34 AM, Bravismore Mumanyi <bravi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Atom community

Any tips on error attached when clearing cache on ATOM?

Regards

Dan Gillean

Aug 23, 2017, 1:19:13 PM8/23/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Bravismore,

When upgrading, did you remember to run the SQL upgrade task? It seems that it is mentioned a couple times in the error message. Generally, with an upgrade, you would install the new instance, drop and then recreate the database, load your migrated data, and then run the sql-upgrade task:

If your customizations include database changes, then they also need to include a database schema migration. If that is missing, then this could be the cause of the error. The error message is saying that $loadPlugins is not declared, here in the code:
I'm not sure what exactly would cause that (I haven't seen this error before), but it is likely due to your customizations.

You can always try to manually clear the cache. BE CAREFUL that you are in the correct directory first! Otherwise you could delete important installation files. From the AtoM root directory (which if you followed our instructions, should be at /usr/share/nginx/atom), we will change into the cache directory, and then manually delete all content there. You may want to back up your data first, to be safe.  When you are ready:
  • cd cache
  • rm -rf *

This will manually clear the cache. It sounds like the issue relates to the customizations however, so I'm not sure that working around the clear cache task will necessarily resolve all issues you are encountering - but it might be worth a try. Let us know if any of the above helps.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.