Best way to override Configuration

Tom Misilo

Apr 17, 2024, 5:34:56 PMApr 17
to AtoM Users
Hello!

I am trying to apply our configuration settings (CAS, Google Analytics, etc..) at our plugin / theme level?

However at least for CAS (first one trying) it seems to pull the values from plugins/arCasPlugin/config/app.yml instead of plugins/ksulThemePlugin/config/app.yml

This https://github.com/artefactual-labs/arThemeB5Plugin/blob/main/config/arThemeB5PluginConfiguration.class.php#L38-L44 makes it seem like it should be doable? But when I try to login (with the data in the theme/plugin) app.yml

Thanks!
Tom

José Raddaoui

Apr 19, 2024, 8:27:43 PMApr 19
to AtoM Users
Hi Tom,

That piece of code deals with actions and templates, but it does not do what you are expecting with configuration files. To achieve what you are looking for you may need to add that configuration changes to the main config/app.yml file. I'm not sure what's the cascading process done by Symfony so, if that doesn't work, you may need to do it tin the CAS plugin. Check:

Best,
Radda.

Tom Misilo

Apr 22, 2024, 12:54:35 PMApr 22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I was hoping for a way to make the changes to non-tracked files in Git, but I guess I will have to do that!

José Raddaoui

Apr 22, 2024, 1:01:49 PMApr 22
to AtoM Users
Hi Tom,

Sorry that was not clear enough, the main `config/app.yml` file can be overwritten in a non-tracked file at `apps/qubit/config/app.yml`. Hopefully the cascading process allows you to modify it there.

Best,
Radda.