AtoM API Drupal 9 module

Kelli Babcock

Nov 16, 2023, 3:02:39 PM11/16/23
to AtoM Users
Hi AtoM Google Group,

My colleagues at U of T Libraries[1] made an AtoM>Drupal feed module last year: https://github.com/utlib/drupal_atom

It is a Drupal 9 module based on the AtoM API. The module facilitates publishing archival description once, in U of T's Discover Archives (AtoM) finding aid database, and then pulls description data into Drupal as Nodes and Taxonomies. This data can then generate a searchable collections list (A-Z) in Drupal as well as a Drupal page per top-level fonds/collections. When data in our AtoM instance is updated, or new data is added, the module fetches and updates Drupal data at a designated frequency.

The goal of the module is to publish description data once in our AtoM instance but then reuse that data to facilitate "general user" browse/discovery of top-level descriptions on departmental websites where users may not normally encounter our AtoM instance. Our libraries/archives use Drupal for departmental websites.

You can see an example of the module in use on the U of T's Media Commons Archives Drupal website - displaying data from their AtoM descriptions

Sharing in case this is of interest or useful to anyone.

Take care,
Kelli

Kelli Babcock | she / her
Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Toronto Libraries

[1] Initial module planning, creation, and development included:
Rachel Beattie, Assistant Media Archivist
Gordon Belray, Information Architect
Andy Foster, Senior Software Engineer
Lillian Hogendoorn, Curator of Digital Experience
Bilal Khalid, Manager of Digital Library Applications
Sunny Lee, Digital Initiatives Programmer Analyst
Christina Stewart, Assistant Media Archivist
Chul Hee Yoon, Project Application Programmer Analyst

Thanks to Michael Andreae, Doug Fox, Abe Lam, and Jess Todd at Victoria University - E.J. Pratt Library for sharing their Drupal 7 AtoM viewer work with us, too.

Dan Gillean

Nov 17, 2023, 9:43:03 AM11/17/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Very cool! Thank you so much for sharing this with the community, Kelli!

I have added information about this to the AtoM wiki, in the Community Development section:
Let me know if you'd like me to make any changes (or if you have registered for a wiki account, feel free to make them yourself).

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.