Docker: Atom runs out of memory

Hrafn Malmquist

Jun 28, 2023, 9:34:47 AM6/28/23
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone

I am a new user of Atom, attempting to test it. I have some experience of Archivematica and even contributed to the code base a couple of years back.

I've followed the steps explained at:

My branch is up to date with 'origin/qa/2.x'.

And at the load data step it errors at, when running:

docker-compose exec atom php symfony tools:purge --demo

the following error occurs:

>> propel    load data from "/atom/src/data/fixtures"
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 249856 bytes) in /atom/src/vendor/symfony/lib/i18n/sfMessageSource.class.php on line 199

In which a similar error occurred but I couldn't see anything of particular help there.

I've made sure the php:7.4-fpm-alpine docker is up to date.

I also tried adding "PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT=1G" to the docker/environment file.

Any other suggestions?

Best regards, Hrafn

José Raddaoui

Jul 3, 2023, 1:19:42 PM7/3/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Hrafn,

It looks like you ran out of memory for PHP inside the container. You could change the default limit setting the "ATOM_PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT" environment variable in the container or changing the default value in:

You could also run the task directly without limit:

docker-compose exec atom php -d memory_limit=-1 symfony tools:purge --demo

Best,
Radda.

Hrafn Malmquist

Jul 4, 2023, 4:16:31 AM7/4/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jose.

That solved it.

José Raddaoui

Jul 4, 2023, 11:35:02 AM7/4/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Hrafn,

Glad that made it and thanks for the documentation PR!

Best,
Radda.