OAI harvest from AtoM

Dan Sifton

Mar 5, 2017, 7:09:45 PM3/5/17
to AtoM Users
Hi,

We are experimenting with OAI harvests from a variety of institutions. I'm wondering if any AtoM users out there (ideally in British Columbia) have an OAI endpoint they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Gillean

Mar 6, 2017, 11:46:35 AM3/6/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

A quick way you can check to see if relevant AtoM users have the OAI plugin enabled - you can submit the Identify command via the browser by adding the following to the end of the base URL for the site:
  • /;oai?verb=Identify

So if the site URL is http://www.example.com, try:

If the AtoM site returns a page not found message, then the OAI repository plugin has not been turned on.

Are there AtoM users, particularly in BC, willing to turn on the plugin? Instructions on how to turn it on and configure it are available in our documentation, here:

Dan, you may also be interested to know that there are some significant OAI-PMH changes coming in the next major AtoM release (2.4) - namely, we will also be adding support for exposing EAD 2002 XML via the OAI repository module - see:

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.