Places Access Points and Authority Records

Chris Mills

Jul 2, 2020, 5:16:20 PM7/2/20
to AtoM Users
Hello!

Doing a mass import to AtoM 2.5, I've gone through all of our relevant people and orgs, creating Place Access Points for everyone, and have found that when browsing by a certain Place, going to its page that lists narrower/broader terms etc, it only resolves tagged Archival Descriptions. Would it be possible to see Authority Records here too or is there a settings switch I'm missing?

I can see two possible avenues here, either Authority Records appear inline or in its own list, or if Archival Descriptions with Name Access Points of Auth Records with the corresponding Place are injected into the results list.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Chris Mills

Dan Gillean

Jul 2, 2020, 6:06:35 PM7/2/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Chris,

If you wait just a bit longer, the ability to see linked authority records in the Term view and browse pages is coming in 2.6!

The documentation for this enhancement has already been completed - you can see some screenshots and further details in this section, for example:
We're expecting a public release of AtoM 2.6 around mid-July!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Chris Mills

Jul 2, 2020, 6:11:33 PM7/2/20
to AtoM Users
Fantastic! I knew I should have taken a dive into the Issues/Features list.

2.6 is shaping up to include a lot of very helpful features!

Thanks,
Chris

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 5:16 PM Chris Mills <cmi...@artpace.org> wrote:
Hello!

Doing a mass import to AtoM 2.5, I've gone through all of our relevant people and orgs, creating Place Access Points for everyone, and have found that when browsing by a certain Place, going to its page that lists narrower/broader terms etc, it only resolves tagged Archival Descriptions. Would it be possible to see Authority Records here too or is there a settings switch I'm missing?

I can see two possible avenues here, either Authority Records appear inline or in its own list, or if Archival Descriptions with Name Access Points of Auth Records with the corresponding Place are injected into the results list.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Chris Mills

Dan Gillean

Jul 2, 2020, 9:47:38 PM7/2/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
I've been cleaning up the Roadmap page in preparation for the 2.6 release, and adding summaries per section, if you'd like to see an overview of what's coming:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056