Moving records in treeview

robert...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 5:46:43 AM11/21/18
to AtoM Users
Hi All,

We've just tried moving records within the same series using the drag and drop function and it's no longer working. We're using version 2.4 and it worked perfectly fine until we tried this morning. The issue is resolved when the tree view is put into the sidebar rather than full width view, but this isn't going to be suitable long term solution. Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong?

Robert

Dan Gillean

Nov 21, 2018, 11:21:27 AM11/21/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I have two suggestions you can try to see if it resolves the issue.

The first is to restart the job scheduler. The sidebar treeview moves siblings synchronously, but I believe that the full-width treeview might use the job scheduler to perform the same operation. Occasionally when it sits idle too long, it requires a restart from the command-line. Use the following command from the root AtoM installation directory (generally /usr/share/nginx/atom if you have followed our recommended installation instructions).

Ubuntu 14.04:
  • sudo restart atom-worker
Ubuntu 16.04:
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
The other possibility is that there is an issue with the nested set, which is used to maintain the treeview's hierarchical ordering in a  flat, table-based relational database. You can rebuild the nested set with the following command:

You might also want to clear the application cache and restart services after:
  • Clear the application cache
    • php symfony cc
  • Ubuntu 14.04 restart commands
    • sudo service  php5-fpm restart
    • sudo service memcached restart
  • Ubuntu 16.04 restart commands
    • sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
    • sudo systemctl restart memcached
If that still doesn't do it, then you can try to get more information. Check the relevant Job details page in Manage > Jobs and see if the console log has any error/warning information. Additionally, you can see if there is anything captured in the webserver logs:
Please share any relevant log messages you find, which should help us better identify the issue.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Robert Athol

Nov 21, 2018, 12:36:23 PM11/21/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

That's great, thanks so much. Our IT guy followed your instructions and managed to fix the problem. Thanks again!

Robert

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.