Re: [atom-users] 500-error

Dan Gillean

Jul 17, 2023, 8:36:44 AM7/17/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohwana,

Any time you encounter a 500 error, the first thing we recommend doing is having a system administrator check the webserver error logs to see if there is more information about the cause of the error. See:
However, there is another issue. Thank you for sharing the full version number of your AtoM installation - this is also something else that helps us provide better suggestions.

The second number of your version  - in your case the "184" number - represents the database schema version of your installation. Every time we make changes to the database (to add new fields, for example), we also need to include a database schema migration, so that when you complete the upgrade process, those changes are applied to your database as well. We number these, and have been including the expected schema version numbers in the AtoM release notes so that users can double-check their version matches the expected one. Here is the release notes page for version 2.7.2:
However, the schema version number you have shared in your post (184) does not match the expected AtoM version number (2.7.2). Instead, that is the expected database schema version number of 2.6.x releases. This suggests that one or more important steps were skipped during the upgrade process. Usually, the missing steps are:
  • Dropping and recreating the database BEFORE loading your backup from the previous version (step 4 in this section of the upgrade documentation), and
  • Running the upgrade task AFTER loading your data into the new installation (this section of the upgrade documentation)
I recommend asking whoever maintains your site to run the upgrade process again from scratch if you still have the database backup from your earlier 2.6 version. IMake sure to follow ALL steps! f that is not possible, then the next best solution would be to:
  • Make a new database backup immediately (see instructions here)
  • Run the steps linked above on your current 2.7 installation
  • Run the common maintenance tasks listed in the upgrade documentation afterwards as well - rebuild the search index, restart PHP-FPM, restart the atom-worker, etc
Let us know how it goes, and if this resolves the issue! And if not, please share any messages found in the webserver error logs after encountering the 500 error again, so we can provide further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 10:46 AM 'Rohwana Ogunbiyi' via AtoM Users <ica-ato...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

My catalogue system was just updated to Atom 2.7.2-184
I can access the catalogue however when I try to access a file on the catalogue, an error message appears

Could you please advise.

Many Thanks,
Rohwana