How to verify my site via HTML tag

michaelaq...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2019, 1:11:56 AM12/2/19
to AtoM Users
Hi!  newbie here, can i ask anyone to point me on verifying my website via html tagging so that my site is searchable via google. where do i add the html meta tag?

Dan Gillean

Dec 2, 2019, 11:20:22 AM12/2/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Michael,

If you configure the site information (Title, Description, and Base URL) settings found in Admin > Settings > Site information, this will automatically populate the HTML meta tags for you!

Here is an example from the demo site - I used my browser's "View page source" tools to see this:

http-meta.png

There is also one more thing you can do to improve indexing on search result aggregators like Google and Bing - we have a command-line task that can be used to generate an XML sitemap, that helps crawlers understand the structure of your site. It has some configurable options as well for weighting. See:
If you use this command-line task with the --ping option, then once the site map is generated it will let Google and Bing know about the sitemap, and put in a request for your site to be re-crawled using it.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 1:11 AM <michaelaq...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!  newbie here, can i ask anyone to point me on verifying my website via html tagging so that my site is searchable via google. where do i add the html meta tag?

Michael Angelo Aquino

Dec 2, 2019, 8:33:51 PM12/2/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
 Thanks Dan!

I would like to know also the directory of the homepage, i mean the directory of the coding.
 thank you
Michael Angelo Aquino
Registrar
METRO-DAGUPAN COLLEGES
Serafica Street, Mangaldan, Pangasinan

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZK5Y-ZWmjBQ%3DU4L29CMSyYB77t4ynJwGZn%2BQLkuffc_iQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Dec 3, 2019, 12:58:45 PM12/3/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Michael,

AtoM uses a number of page templates, modules, and components, so not everything is necessarily in a single file - for example, the main header bar in Atom is in a separate component. However, you can find the core of the homepage here:
So, from AtoM's root installation directory on your server, you could look in apps/qubit/modules/staticpage/templates/homeSuccess.php to find it. If you have followed our recommended installation instructions, then the full path would be something like:
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/modules/staticpage/templates/homeSuccess.php
If you are considering making local customizations to your home page, I would recommend that you consider doing so as part of a custom theme plugin, rather than modifying the core homepage code directly. This makes it easier to maintain, and upgrade in the future.

I've supplied a lot of information on how to get started with custom theme plugins, and how they are organized (which might help you understand AtoM's overall organization better as well) in this previous forum thread:
There are also a number of other forum threads that cover theming - here are a few:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Michael Angelo Aquino

Dec 4, 2019, 1:52:31 AM12/4/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan!
I followed your instruction on custom theming but on th compiling part i get this error.

PS i am at root installation directory

Michael Angelo Aquino
Registrar
METRO-DAGUPAN COLLEGES
Serafica Street, Mangaldan, Pangasinan

Screenshot from 2019-12-04 14-41-46.png

Dan Gillean

Dec 4, 2019, 10:26:24 AM12/4/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Michael,

Looks like you may need to install LESS first. Try the following:
  • sudo apt install nodejs npm make
  • sudo npm install -g "less@<2.0.0"
  • sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arDominionPlugin
Let us know if that works!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Michael Angelo Aquino

Dec 4, 2019, 11:21:10 PM12/4/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan!

Works perfectly for me. i can now update/customize the theme, we are in the stage in developing the site and its content. will be in contact again soon for future updates