HI ! I need help: I can install ICA ATOM in Windows Server ( VPSWIN ) ????

jhd...@uniquindio.edu.co

Jan 27, 2016, 3:55:25 PM1/27/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
HI,

HI ! I need help: I can install ICA ATOM in Windows Server ( VPSWIN ) ????

Dan Gillean

Jan 27, 2016, 5:49:15 PM1/27/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

It is technically possible to install AtoM or ICA-AtoM on a Windows server, but we are unable provide testing, packaging, documentation, or support for these releases.

A couple of notes to help you though:

First, you should know that the older ICA-AtoM 1.x project is no longer being maintained - all current development is going into the AtoM 2 branch. We have a new website, new documentation, a better search index, a new user interface, and a lot of new functionality for you to explore! Please consider using AtoM instead of the older ICA-AtoM releases. It is the same code base, the same developers, the same functionality (plus new features), and it is released under the same open source license. Some links to get you started:

The easiest suggestion for running AtoM on a Windows Server is to run it in a virtualized container of some kind, so you can still use a virtualized Linux instance. We have some basic suggestions here:

Our wiki does have some community user created documentation for older ICA-AtoM versions. You might want to look at the following:

YouTube also has some other older ICA-AtoM installation videos, using XAMPP or WAMP, that might help. There's at least one in English, one in Indonesian, and one in Portuguese.

Remember however, all of these community tutorials are instructions for installing ICA-AtoM 1.x - but 1.x is no longer being developed or maintained. You might also try searching in this user forum to find previous threads about AtoM and Windows.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM, <jhd...@uniquindio.edu.co> wrote:
HI,

HI ! I need help: I can install ICA ATOM in Windows Server ( VPSWIN ) ????