display physical location for accessions list

Luisa Rossi

Oct 26, 2019, 12:26:35 PM10/26/19
to AtoM Users
Hello,

The management of accessions allows to display a list of 4 columns stating :" Accession number -  Title of the acquisition - date of creation - update".

If I'm not mistaken,  there is no option in the settings to display the location information (physical storage) of the accessions.
Wolud it be possible,  in the future,  to have this option ?

Thank you for your help.

Luisa Rossi
(Rossi del Paolino family archive)

Corinne Rogers

Oct 27, 2019, 12:39:45 PM10/27/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Luisa,

That's a great suggestion. Currently, location information on accession records is recorded in a free text field, and is not displayed in Manage > Accessions. If the purpose of making this information visible in the Manage section is to sort and search this information and link out to the physical storage module, this would require development. It is not something that is currently planned. However, if this is an important feature for you, you might want to consider sponsoring its development. Features that are developed through community sponsorship are made available to the sponsor or sponsors as soon as they are ready, and then included for everyone in the next public release. You can read more about the development philosophy here:
Let us know if you want more information!

best regsrds,
Corinne
Artefactual Systems

ros...@bluewin.ch

Oct 28, 2019, 7:25:37 AM10/28/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Corinne

Actually I was just thinking of  a simple display (an additional column).

I understand that this information is a "non a searcheable field" and not fitted to be sorted.

As you pointed out, if the field was similar to the location of archival descriptions it would be a great improvement.

I am a "solo archivist" looking after a family archive, therefore my means are limited but I will be happy to financially support a project  with other ATOM users, if an opportunity come up.

Thank you for your help.

--
 Luisa Rossi
Via Pratocarasso 23