Re: [atom-users] AtoM 2.6.0 install

Dan Gillean

Jul 23, 2020, 10:48:12 AM7/23/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Johan,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I can't find the related thread in the user forum any more. Just wanted to make sure you aren't stuck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:43 AM Johan Pieterse <pieters...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day

I get a permissions error when installing AtoM

It does not create a user in the actor and user tables.

I manually tried to insert from extract from qubit_dev.log

In the log files I see:
MariaDB [atom]> INSERT INTO actor (`ID`,`SOURCE_CULTURE`) VALUES ('443','en');
ERROR 1364 (HY000): Field 'lft' doesn't have a default value
MariaDB [atom]> INSERT INTO user (`ID`,`USERNAME`,`EMAIL`,`SALT`) VALUES ('443','username','em...@example.com','hashvaluehere');
ERROR 1364 (HY000): Field 'security_id' doesn't have a default value

Johan Pieterse

Jul 23, 2020, 11:08:59 AM7/23/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan

I had it wrong as it does write into database. The one thing is that the hashvalue is NULL. I manually added from AtoM 2.5 database value.

It however is giving a permissions error. If I look at the log file it says success but the does not log in. I do not know if it is the version of the database, Suse OS or AtoM error.

I will debug tomorrow (now 17:07 at our side)

Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [debug] {sfPropelLogger} time:  0.000 sec | slow:  NO | mem:    2.0 MB | mempeak:    2.0 MB | memdelta:      0.0 B | SELECT object.CLASS_NAME, object.CREATED_AT, object.UPDATED_AT, object.ID, object.SERIAL_NUMBER, actor.ID, actor.CORPORATE_BODY_IDENTIFIERS, actor.ENTITY_TYPE_ID, actor.DESCRIPTION_STATUS_ID, actor.DESCRIPTION_DETAIL_ID, actor.DESCRIPTION_IDENTIFIER, actor.SOURCE_STANDARD, actor.PARENT_ID, actor.SOURCE_CULTURE, user.ID, user.USERNAME, user.EMAIL, user.PASSWORD_HASH, user.SALT, user.ACTIVE FROM `object`, `actor`, `user` WHERE user.EMAIL='johan.pieterse@****.co.za' AND actor.ID=object.ID AND user.ID=actor.ID LIMIT 1
Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [info] {sfPHPView} Set component "css" (/)
Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [info] {sfPHPView} Set component "header" (/)
Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [info] {sfPHPView} Set component "footer" (/)
Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [info] {sfPHPView} Render "/var/www/html/atom260/apps/qubit/modules/user/templates/loginSuccess.php"
Jul 23 06:19:36 symfony [info] {main} Set slot "content"

On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 4:48:12 PM UTC+2, Dan Gillean wrote:
[...]

Dan Gillean

Jul 23, 2020, 3:56:12 PM7/23/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Johan,

I know you're an experienced developer, so I will be curious to hear what you find in your debugging. I'll offer a few comments that I hope might be useful.

First, from what I can tell from your post, it seems you're using a pretty non-standard installation configuration - looks like OpenSUSE, MariaDB, Apache - plus if I recall correctly, you also have a lot of local AtoM code customizations. I don't know what PHP version you're using, or other details I might be missing, but from this alone there could be a number of issues... and there is also limited support we can offer.

However:

First, we've already found issues with MariaDB compatibility - see for example:
If you're using a custom collation, that could be causing issues.

Additionally, in the 2.6 version we have stopped using the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES sql_mode, as we found it was causing issues. We intend to revisit this for future releases, but for now if you have this mode (or an equivalent one) in place, this could also be contributing to issues. See the installation docs here to see what SQL modes we are recommending that users set for 2.6.

In terms of the hashing error trying to create a user - in 2.6, we upgraded our password hashing algorithm to Argon2. This requires PHP 7.2 support for it to work. If you're trying to use PHP 7.0, then you can try changing the algorithm used to bcrypt in config/app.yml (the relevant section is near the bottom of that config file) - be sure to restart your services and clear the application cache. However, we did not do thorough testing with PHP 7.0 and you may encounter other issues - be warned!

Ultimately, If you have already loaded your data, I'm surprised you got past running the upgrade task, as there are migrations in there that should convert existing data to use the new collation, and to re-salt existing user passwords. When you manage to sort out your installation configuration, you may want to purge the database and reload your sqldump from before the upgrade, so you can re-run the upgrade task.

Either way, good luck with the debugging - please let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/da6ea1fd-256e-454e-a8f9-023da97cf456o%40googlegroups.com.

Johan Pieterse

Jul 24, 2020, 6:40:51 AM7/24/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan

PHP v 7.2.31

I have narrowed down the issue. Still not resolved.

If I replace PASSWORD_ARGON2I with PASSWORD_BCRYPT it works. It seems to be the php version. I cannot upgrade to 7.3 or 7.4 as some dependencies exists.

Still need to see why.

    $hashAlgo = constant(sfConfig::get('app_password_hash_algorithm', 'PASSWORD_ARGON2I'));
    $hashAlgoOptions = json_decode(sfConfig::get('app_password_hash_algorithm_options', '{}'), true);
//PASSWORD_BCRYPT

[...]

Dan Gillean

Jul 24, 2020, 1:16:44 PM7/24/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Johan,

Very interesting - the Argon2i algorithm should work with PHP 7.2. In any case, there are some known incompatibility issues with PHP 7.3 and 7.4 in AtoM (which we hope to address for the next major release), so we don't recommend upgrading past v7.2.x anyway.

Please keep us posted on what else you find as you continue to troubleshoot this issue!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.