Re: [atom-users] restApiKey not generating AtoM 2.8.1

Dan Gillean

May 9, 2024, 11:13:46 AMMay 9
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

I am guessing that you may have figured this out since, when I tried to follow this email in my inbox to the copy of this message in the public forum, I found it deleted. However, I thought I would reply anyway and create a thread, to share what I found when taking a look:

I tried generating an API key in the public demo site. As a first note (in case you forgot), the option to generate a REST API key will ONLY be available on a user's edit page if you have first enabled the arRestApiPlugin via Admin > Plugins.

I did find the option to generate the key after doing so... however: I noted that in the public demo's Bootstrap 5 theme, once generated the key was in fact incorrectly labeled as an OAI-PMH API key. These are not the same keys, and should have different labels. Consequently, based on your report I have filed the following bug ticket:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 10:03 AM Johan Pieterse <pieters...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
When I try and generate an Rest API key nothing happens.
If I check the code there is no code to generate it. Only oaiApiKey.

Can I use the OAI key to pull data to Wordpress?

Johan Pieterse

May 10, 2024, 3:31:34 AMMay 10
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan

Thanks, yes that was wat was worrying me. I did get it to work and can connect to the API's using WordPress.