Institution Logo Upload Fails

Kerry Skinner

Oct 20, 2022, 7:57:53 AM10/20/22
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I need some help successfully uploading a new institutional logo from the UI.

I have check that everything is fine with the logo, it uploads perfectly a test instance on localhost.

I’m getting the 500 Internal Server Error, when attempting to upload. Checking the nginx error log I found the following:

2022/10/20 10:49:26 [error] 3969#3969: *372255 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Failed to create file upload directory "/usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads/r/constitution-hill-trust-2/conf"" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.1.2.231, server: archive.march.org.za, request: "POST /index.php/constitution-hill-trust-2/repository/editTheme HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php7.2-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "archive.march.org.za", referrer: "https://archive.march.org.za/index.php/constitution-hill-trust-2/repository/editTheme"

When in the atom/uploads/r/constitution-hill-trust-2 directory I can confirm that no “conf” exists.

I assume that there is some sort of permissions error or configuration error but I’m not quite sure were to find it. I have checked the relevant files but have not spotted anything that looks amiss. Any suggestions welcome.

Dan Gillean

Oct 20, 2022, 8:20:54 AM10/20/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kerry,

Your hunch sounds right to me - I think it's a filesystem permissions issue.

Fortunately, the command we have for setting permissions in the doc is general - it will affect all directories and files below the root AtoM installation directory, and running it again even if you did so at installation shouldn't cause any problems - so let's try that first:
You may want to clear the cache and restart PHP-FPM as well for good measure - assuming you've followed the recommended installation instructions and are using version 2.6, here the are the commands:
  • php symfony cc
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
Let us know if that resolves the issue!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Kerry Skinner

Oct 20, 2022, 8:57:47 AM10/20/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

Kind regards,

Kerry Skinner (she/her)

Archivist

E  ke...@constitutionhilltrust.org

11 Kotze Street, Braamfontein

Johannesburg 2000 South Africa

www.constitutionhill.org.za

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZJksRgb%2BUnhcoC%2Be-vMYW3pPpznQEcFvhLnTGbfQoDS5Q%40mail.gmail.com.