Recommended Hosting Environment for AtoM

Kiah Akosua Asabea

Sep 13, 2022, 2:06:27 PM9/13/22
to AtoM Users
My client is looking to use AtoM, however they have a VPS server with cPanel. Based on what I've read, AtoM does not work well in a shared server environment or with cPanel. Can anyone recommend a web host where AtoM can run efficiently.

Dan Gillean

Sep 14, 2022, 8:32:27 AM9/14/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Kiah,

Any hosting provider who can offer Ubuntu LTS as the base installation O/S should work - Artefactual has used both OVH and Digital Ocean in the past, to name just 2 providers.

Also, FYI: The upcoming AtoM 2.7 release will support Ubuntu 20.04 instead of 18.04 - and it looks like cPanel now supports Ubuntu 20.04:
I should mention as well that if you are looking for a hosted solution and would like application support with that, Artefactual does offer AtoM hosting:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 2:06 PM Kiah Akosua Asabea <siriusweb...@gmail.com> wrote:
My client is looking to use AtoM, however they have a VPS server with cPanel. Based on what I've read, AtoM does not work well in a shared server environment or with cPanel. Can anyone recommend a web host where AtoM can run efficiently.

Kiah Akosua Asabea

Sep 14, 2022, 10:21:41 AM9/14/22
to AtoM Users
Thank you for your prompt response. I will pass on this information to my client.

Regards,
Kiah